Monday, April 18, 2011

The Legend of... Hyper?

So in recent past days I found myself hanging out with my good friend Yoda, which usually means doing stupid stuff like playing Minecraft.  And then doing stupid stuff in Minecraft.  Like attempting to kill creepers for their sulfur.  Which actually just ended with us cowering on top of a pillar shooting arrows blindly at the dark.

And somehow we found ourselves designing an RPG world loosely (loosely, emphasis) parodied of the Legend of Zelda. With sort of a lack of Zelda, but more ninjas and explosions.  Oh and there's an annoying fairy guide! Like Navi, but not.

That's the story of how Yoda and I got off on an LoZ track, and ultimately how I got around to drawing this picture.

If any of you remember, I drew Blue* a long time ago, back when I sucked more. So here's take two.

She kinda took a class in ninjaism or something. I don't even know.


In this picture we see me practicing coloring with skin tones that are not-as-pale-as-they-usually are. I know Yoda is going to look at this and still think they're too pale though. Oh well. Blue's hair was a pain because it just did not want to be shaded. Still working on clothing folds.

My elbows turned out okay.  And my hands.  But I guess that's expected when I just had to draw a bunch of knuckles.

Oh and there's Link in there too.

That Master Sword looks really lame.  WHAT HAVE I DONE.

*Still not my character.

4 comments:

Megan Brink said...

yup... you guessed it.
JUST BECAUSE YOU NEVER SEE THE SUN DOESN'T MEAN YOUR DRAWINGS ARE THE SAME WAY!
:)

Amber said...

Unfortunately, you don't seem to realize all the tan skin tones don't look right when I'm coloring, which is why everyone's automatically albino. >_>

CaEzLi said...

I love you. xD <333

Ohgod, you drew the Master Sword better than I ever could of Dx xD

She can look Ninjaismisicccc... ic. It reminds me of her Shiekah disguise. :D

Ohai, Link.

YOUR HEADS. BODY PROPOTIONS. THEY ARE EPIC NAOW.

Megan Brink said...

Sigh... Maybe if you spent more time in the sun you would start to recognize tan skin as normal and not a sign of skin conditions... :D

But I like it. Really I do.