Sunday, March 13, 2011

Character Interview

Today we're going to do something a little different.

There is no picture in today's post, not a doodle, and not a story. Instead, I'm going to introduce you to a handful of people who may or may not be known by the few people who actually know as the main characters of my most recent original story. (For those of you who know about it, but might not know this little tidbit, it got a huge overhaul by way of plot and design).

And as a warning, the following is probably going to contain a lot of spoilers to a lot of different things, so you know, if you'd OCD about spoilers should *should* anything here ever get published by chance, skip over this blog post.

And let's begin! *Drumroll and shift to interview style...*




Hyper:  I've got the main cast here and ready to roll, so we'll start the ball by letting them introduce themselves.

Adai:  I'm Adai Morninglight, supposedly the 'main' main character. Not to mention I've come along way from just being poster-girl for the story... you know, finally getting a personality.

Hyper:   Hehe....

Zane:  My turn. I'm Zane Swordsong and I'm the most awesome person you'll ever meet.

Adai:  You're also an arrogant self-centered jerk.

Zane:  Shut up.

Strike:  Right, I'm Strike.  I'm the cliche blind action chick, because apparently that and my rash temper are my only selling points.

Hyper:  Are you all trying to make me look bad here?

Everyone:  Yes.

Axel:  I'm Axel Truesworn, which is really just Axel Sworn but because Hyper is extremely lazy everyone has two word last names so she had to shove something in front of mine.

Strike:  Not to mention he's the prettyboy swordsman...

Zane:  *Shakes fist*

Neva:  And I'm Neva Silverleaf, last of the main characters.  Well, there was Jamye at one point... but she kind of got axed for lack of story.

Jamye: QQ

Hyper:  Hey, we weren't supposed to keep mentioning that!

Axel:  You didn't even tell her... just... kind of fired her.  That was kind of cruel.

Zane:  I have to agree with Axel on this one.

Hyper:  Yeah, yeah, we'll talk about this some other time.  Let's change the subject now... how about plot significance, how do you guys feel about your roles?  Adai, you first.

Adai:  In a nutshell I end up becoming the Herald of Light and the defender of all things good and everyone expects me to spearhead some attack against evil.  Talk about no pressure, right? I guess I'm all right with it, just seems a bit lot for me to be handling.

Strike:  I'm leaning towards just cliche.

Hyper:  I'm sorry, I'm sorry, I'm not original, I know.  Zane, your turn.

Zane:  Well considering I don't have any plot significance besides being a pain in the rear, it's hard to say exactly how I feel about my plot significance.

Hyper:  ...  Strike?

Strike:  Well this is a doozy.  Looks like I end up not being blind in an amazing turn of events, along with ending up the daughter of the main bad guy of the entire story.  And my name's Coria.  Why again do I run around wearing a blindfold for no apparent reason?

Hyper:  Because you're guilty because you dad is pretty much the biggest traitor this side of the ocean from the Old World?  Well, mostly because its cool, but that's the backstory.

Strike:  Riiiiiiight. No comment, just... no comment. You're up, Axel.

Axel:  Looks like I'm the lost heir to the entire throne of Jezrahil and since everyone else in my family was murdered, that makes me king.

Zane:  Why does he get that sort of awesome back story?  Why can't I have--

Axel:  I die.

Zane:  On second thought, keep your plot significance.

Neva:  Don't worry about it so much, Zane, I don't do much of anything either. Well, except marry Axel, which kind of does make me a queen, sort of.

Zane:  *Sigh*

Hyper:  Right, uhm... yeah, *Cough*, so we're going to move on from that topic again (why did I think this was a good idea?) and move to something else.  What do you all think of each other?

Axel:  I guess I'm fine with everybody else.  Neva already said we eventually get married, even though I end up dying.  Strike's a bit of a hothead, but she's a great sparring partner.  Adai's nice too... but Zane? I won't even go there.

Zane:  The feeling is mutual.

Hyper:  Don't kid yourself you two, you become good friends.

Adai:  Well I can't say much about anybody else, but I'm not on best of terms with Zane at the moment, but I suppose if it counts for anything, we end up a few steps behind Axel and Neva.  I think we can all agree Strike's a bit of a hothead.

Strike:  I'm not as much as a hothead as Zane though.

Zane: LIES, ALL LIES.

Neva:  Well, I'm not sure I'm on anybody's bad side, except I think for Adai's right off the bat... but that's because of a little bit of jealous over Axel.

Axel:  Oh yeah... that.  No hard feelings, right Adai?

Adai:  Nah. We're cool.

Axel:  *Phew*

Strike:  I'm not the most particularly well liked person.  I know Zane thinks I'm about to kick his butt every time I look at him and I'm running on thin ice with everybody else.  Nev thinks I'm uncivil lunatic and I think Axel would like to teach me some manners.  Adai's really only the person I find myself talking too, but that's because she's the only one who wants to listen.

Hyper:  Boo.

Strike:  You wrote me like this, shut up.

Zane:  I'm going on Strike's tail, nobody likes me.

Hyper:  That's not true, I like you.

Zane:  If you liked me, I'm pretty sure you wouldn't have written me as a jerk.

Hyper:  I have nothing to say that.  Anyway, next question.  Weapon of choice?

Adai:  Runic sword blade.  I think the original version was made by my brother, but you're retconning that to something more exciting aren't you?

Hyper:  Probably.

Axel:  Judgment, my giant claymore.

Strike:  I've apparently got this nameless katana I like to use.

Zane:  A bow, since you thought I just kept trailing in Axel's shadow for everything so you gave me something unique to do with my insignificant life.

Hyper:  Stop pushing it, Zane, before you end up on Jamye's road.

Jamye:  QQ

Neva:  I don't fight, I'm the medic. 

Hyper:  Good point!  I think this will be the last question:  What do you all think about the current tentative aspect of dragons in the main story?  I know they were a huge part of the old one, but you might not have your companions in the new version the things are looking.

Adai:  I don't know, I'm upset because I liked Vaerite.

Zane:  Shekyn was my only friend.  Jerk.

Neva:  I suppose it doesn't matter much to me because I never had a dragon, even in the old story, but I can see how they'd be helpful but also unnecessary.

Strike:  There was a rift between me and Zya because of my disability that really isn't a disability, you know?  I don't have much to say on the issue.

Axel:  Olithia was kind of like a mother to me, and while I appreciate not having her motherly yack my ear off, I do think I'll miss her if you keep them out of the story this time around.

Hyper:  Well thanks the five of you for answering the questions that seem stupid considering I imagined all of you!  Anyway, in the comments below, feel free to ask your own questions if you want. Until next time!

No comments: