Tuesday, May 3, 2011

The Cake is a Lie: Part 2

Tetira never always had the best of life's cup of tea, but we can figure it didn't get any better when she was recruited to be an Apeture Science Test Subject.

Original Sketch

There just has to be something humiliating about being an engineer at the whim of a hunk of metal and artificial intelligence that won't stop mocking you.

Hard Shading

At least she can hold her own!... we hope.

Soft Shading/Final Product


As you can see, this is a picture of Tetira Shadowstrider, who this time around doesn't look like Riku, which I'm pretty glad for.  I warned you this wouldn't be the last Portal inspired picture.  This is a crossover, which doesn't make much sense without a long and convoluted backstory that I won't bother putting here since I'd probably confuse you more by stating it. 

I color swapped Chell's orange jumpsuit for a more fitting palette for Tet, with a cute Weighted Companion Cube tee! Oh and there's a cube in there too. And as you can see through the development pictures, the crowbar thrown in there was sort of a late piece. 

You can sit there and puzzle yourselves over that H on the crowbar. 

Compared to my previous sketch-to-computer pictures, this was actually really fun to do, so I might do it more often.

Kept lines again. Derp.

No comments: