Monday, May 2, 2011

The Cake is a Lie

But this picture isn't!

From Zelda fanning to Portal, strange how it works, innit?

Anyway, here's Chell, the main protagonist of the Portal series, in her outfit from Portal 2.

For this picture I went really overboard, including working on proper shading in consideration of lighting and textures-- as you can see on the clothing! I was also going to do a really impressive background, but you can see how that turned out. It's quite lame.

Kept the lineart on Chell because it looks better. This will not be the last Portal inspired picture I draw in the near future, I assure you.

On a completely off-topic but somewhat related note, my Weighted Companion Cube came today. It does not speak :(

5 comments:

Megan Brink said...

HUGE SUCCESS!!

If this was wider than it was tall, it would make a great background... hint hint...

Amber said...

Lol, do you want it for yourself?

Gimmie your dimensions and I'll fit it up if you do.

CaEzLi said...

Lol. Awesome pose!

Went to a friend's house and she played Portal 2 for a little bit. It's rather hysterical. xD

"I wish I could go back in time and set things right. I really do."

"I'm in space!"

"SPAAAAAAAACCCE!"

Megan Brink said...

*gasp* SPOILERS??!?

I hope not.

and I was just saying that it would make a good background, which I could do myself if you hadn't made the background of the picture swirly and therefore un-add-on-able. How DARE you. :P

jake said...

cool fan art of portals too! good job! it is featured here
http://www.portals2blog.com/2011/06/19/portals-2-video-game-fan-art/